Welcome to Music Class with Mr. Swigert!
We are off to great start in music class, and looking forward to a great year! We are learning the elements of music through singing, playing instruments, and movement! We have several performances planned throughout the year! Check the performance dates below, and mark them on your calendar.
K-3rd Grade Music
- Kindergarten is now working on Unit 1! We are learning about beat at different tempos, playing different rhythm instruments, and folk songs from other cultures!
- 1st Grade is now working on Unit 1! We will learn about steady beat, melodic direction, and different ways of using our voices!
- 2nd Grade is now working on Unit 1! We will learn about beat, rhythm, melody, and the pitches mi and so!
- 3rd Grade is now working on Unit 1! We will learn about movement and counting games, beat, rhythm, pitches do re mi, and musical notation!
4th-6th Grade Music
- 4th Grade is now working on Unit 1! We are learning about beat, rhythm, pitch, melody, and meter signatures as we sing and play instruments!
- 5th Grade is now working on Unit 1! We are learning about music representing the great cultural heritage of our country, beat, more complex rhythms, pentatonic scales, pitch, range, and key!
- 6th Grade is now working on Unit 1! We will learn about note values, new vocabulary, basic drum beats, and the legendary country music group Alabama!
- Choir is open to all 4th, 5th, and 6th graders and will begin in January.
6th Grade Band
- Beginning Band is currently working on how to put the instruments together, hold them, produce a good tone, and learn the 1st 5 notes!
- SWE Choir is open to all 4th, 5th, and 6th graders, and will begin in January!
Performance Dates 2017-2018
Beginning Band Concert Tuesday 10/30 7:00 p.m.
*6th Grade Band only
Veterans Day Program Friday 11/9 8:30 a.m.
Beginning Band Concert Wednesday 11/28 7:00 p.m.
*6th Grade Band only on the H.S. concert
Winter Concert Thursday 11/29 7:00 p.m.
Spring Concert Tuesday 4/30 7:00 p.m.